Monday, July 31, 2017

STASH REPORT & '50'S PROGRESS

Monday, July 31

STASH REPORT

DRESSMAKING:

In:  1 yd

Out:  6 yds

QUILTING

In:  0

Out:  0

DRESSMAKING:

I finished the net petticoat.  Waistband, yoke and center front panel in costume satin and 3 tiers of petticoat net.  What a lot of gathering that was.  
Finished the tulle over-petticoat.  I cut and sewed that one with gores, then gathered it to a ribbon waistband with elastic.
On yesterday's trip to Joanne's for the center panel for the net petticoat I discovered that they had Butterick patterns for $1.99 so I got two Gertie patterns that I plan to try to combine to create the '50's dress I had imagined when I started this project.  It's cool enough now to work in the third floor sewing room which is better for dressmaking.  

QUILTING:

Nothing to report other than that I located the bin of background fabric for Lorelei's Piggy quilt under the ironing board.  I KNEW I had had more of that pale peach fabric but I couldn't find it until we moved the ironing board.  

SEWING ROOM PROGESS:

WHY did we move the ironing board.  DH has cut and trimmed the plywood topper that will create a 2 foot by 6 foot ironing table for up there.  I am so looking forward to having a big surface for ironing.  We'll stretch and staple the batting and dropcloth cover this afternoon.

More later,

Lynne

No comments: