Tuesday, February 24, 2009

EASTER BASKET TOYS - the first batch






Now you can see some of what all that yarn abuse was about. I'm a needles in hands kind of designer so far. I think a part should be bigger I add some stitches, if I want it round I add them evenly, if I want it to have a shape, I only add them where I want them. And I rip it back out fairly often. The bunnies, the duckling, the carrot which will get wheels and become a race car are all my original stuff.

Here are the photos of the first batch of my OWN and ORIGINAL designs. These are some of the Easter Basket Toys I will be teaching in March 2009.

The blanket is my idea of a substitute for cellophane Easter grass and is a small Pi shawl from EZ. The eggs are from two patterns on Ravelry.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

This is "The Daughter". :) I LOVE my felted tote bag. I use it every day for carrying tests and papers for grading. I'm still undecided about trying to shrink it one more time. I do enjoy it's fall colors, that are still so cheerful. :)