Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The yarn may disagree.

First, let me state that there are NO yarn police.

But. . .

If there were they would be on their way to my house with sirens screaming. The charge?

Abuse of yarn. Poor defenseless yarn ends up in my knitting bag. I knit it up, and, what I have done doesn't quite please me. I rip back a few rows. I knit it up, and it's still not EXACTLY what I was planning. I rip back those same few rows. I knit it up and decide that I have been working the entire thing on too many stitches and it has to go. I rip it back and start over.

Poor defenseless yarn. But I can hear those sirens and they're on the way to my house. I have become a yarn abuser.

Working on my own designs has been so much fun for me, but I think the yarn may disagree.

No comments: