Monday, February 2, 2009

Got the knitting Brain Fever

Hi,

I'm back again.

I've been having so much fun with the knitting and the new knitting communities I've found through Ravelry and the local Knitters Stitch and Bitch that I didn't get back to the blog till now. My mouth did it again! I checked in with the ACMoore and managed not only to schedule my Seamless Slipper class but the Events Lady is allowing me to offer my Intro to Sock Knitting Class too! Then I heard myself saying, "Would you like me to work up an Easter Basket Toy class?" What was I thinking? I checked their shelves and right now the store isn't offering any books OR pamphlets with knitted toy patterns. Sheesh! !! That means I have to design for "other people" or modify existing patterns to make them mine, or write the polite letter of inquiry to designers asking for permission to use a pattern they created.

Note to self. Either spend more time designing n general (of course this would be easier if I had grandchildren to inspire me! !!) or do not offer classes you have not prepared IN ADVANCE.

So. .. I've been a true Sherlock Holmes style brain fever of trying to design my own toys. I used to make them for my kids but then I was just knitting along trying to reach the goal of the day. Mommy I want a fish can be easy and fun. Design a pattern other people can use is a bit intimidating.

And I just love my rabbit. I have a little sheep too that is enough different from the two others of the type I found out there to count as not the same, I hope. I'll do some modifications on the generic garter stitch teddy pattern to make a bunny of my own. Then I start on the duckies and chicks. I love to do things in the round but I keep wondering if I make it too hard for other people. DH swears he hears me muttering, "I'm sure I can make this harder." Why didn't I look to see if they had a book first?

Ah well, time to get back to real life.

More later,

Lynne

No comments: