Monday, November 7, 2011

She's a tricky one, my friend. She said, let's go and see if we can find a nicer looking, newer couch for you. What she seems to have been seeing inside her head was an entirely new room. How amazing that all of this came to pass just as we were doing all of this painting. My daughter confirms that they did discuss this months ago. We are just plain flabbergasted.

I met her at the shop and we had a good long look around. She had several couches to point out to me. There were some nice pieces there in a range of styles and types. Dear Husband was able to come down and help make the final decision. And we selected The Rose Damask Couch. He headed back to work and she follows up with, "Now let's look for a rug and some side chairs."

?? ??? ??? Yikes. She said couch, singular, one couch. Nope she was planning on a whole room. Haunting the used furniture shops and designing whole rooms is her new hobby. It seems it is now our turn.

And thus the final collection included the Rose Damask Couch and a thick oriental style rug, a rocker for our mother-to-be and a lovely small Victorian side chair. And the discussion of where I was going to draw the line. I'll use or select my own art and we have definite ideas about what kind of chair to look for for Dear Husband. I will also retain the end tables we purchased with wedding present money and the floor lamps I inherited from my Mom. The whole scheme is going to be much more grown up/formal and lighter in color. But we'll have no real idea until we get the things into the house.

It's still amazing. She said couch. We said we'd go look. It felt a little like facing a juggernaut.

No comments: